Looking after our hair during menopause can be a challenge.
Hair thinning is a common issue that can occur during Menopause, with about half of all menopausal women experiencing accelerated hair loss and changes in hair texture.
This is due to the fluctuating levels of hormones which affect the growth phase of hair, causing hair to be thinner, with increased hair shedding, delayed new growth and finer more brittle hair.
For many women, menopause can also affect the scalp as skin becomes thinner, weakening the skins barrier function and ability to lock in moisture, this can lead to scalp irritation, dryness, eczema and dandruff.
There are however ways to help with these symptoms:
- Minimising the use of chemicals on the hair
- Using gentle plant-based cleansers
- Reducing how frequently you wash your hair.
We infuse some amazing ingredients into our haircare that can help to significantly improve these symptoms.
Another option is to use haircare like ours. We carefully formulate our haircare around specific seaweeds and herbs that are known for their haircare benefits. For example, we use:
- He Shou Wu, research has found that it can increase the number and size of hair follicles whilst slowing down the hair shedding phase.
- Seaweed can help maintain the skins barrier function and help to rebalance the scalps oil production, leaving hair feeling cleaner for longer.
- Lovage root can help to increase absorption of nutrients, prevent brittle hair whilst helping hair to regain shine and health.
- Eucommia bark helps to improve hair texture.
- Angelica helps to improve circulation in the scalp helping to nourish the hair follicles to encourage strong healthy hair growth.
Shop our Haircare here >
We're also proud to offer our 60 day try at home guarantee, meaning that you can try our haircare at home, risk free.
And our haircare is always completely free from Sulphates, Silicones, Parabens, Mineral Oils, vegan and never tested on animals…. Nothing bad, just good.